Inorder to promote friendship and understanding between people in China andabroad, and develop communication and cooperation in aspects of politics,economics, culture and education, Chinese government set Chinese GovernmentScholarship to support excellent students, teachers and scholars to study inChina. Northeast Agricultural University is one of the 252 universities whichare responsible for educating Chinese Government Scholarship students, andcurrently there are nearly 200 international students are enjoying differentprograms of Chinese Governments Scholarship here.
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafterreferred to as NEAU), located in the city of Harbin,is a key level university of Heilongjiang province and included in the national“211 Project”. NEAU comprises 19 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are7 post-doctoral research stations, 2 post-doctoral work stations, 31 doctoraldegree programs, 78 master degree programs and 75 undergraduate majors,covering the disciplines of Agronomy, Engineering, Science, Economics,Management, laws and Arts. The total Faculty numberis 1267, including 266 professors and 336 associate professors.Currently NEAU consists of 22575 students, among which 3392 are postgraduates.
Applicants shall submit the writtenapplication materials and apply online (http://laihua.csc.edu.cnthe Recruitment agencies code of NEAU is 10224) and send theapplication material to NEAU before March 31, 2015.
1)Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
2)Applicants should be in healthy physical condition.
3) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for masterdegree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants forDoctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4) Excellent achievement in your study
5) Comparative good ability in research
6) Applicants doesn’t gain any other scholarship
3. Application Materials
The applicantsmust fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (induplicate).（The applicants shall download theApplication Form after application online through http://laihua.csc.edu.cn andstamp a two inch photo on the form and should leave signature in the requiredblank.
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed byCSC), the original document and a copy, filled in Chinese or in English.
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants areuniversity students or already employed, they shall also provide studyingcertificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chineseor English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) Applicants for graduate studies are required to provideundergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provideundergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languagesother than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations inChinese or English.
4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than800 words).
5) Applicants for master and doctoral degree studies must submit twoletters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associateprofessors.
6) Published academic papers and academic achievements (if have)
7) Applicants should provide a copy of HSK certificate if it ispassed.
8) A copy of the passport
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed byChinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies inChina lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations mustcover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician,the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants areinvalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicantsare kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determiningthe time to take the medical examination.
10) Acceptance letter from supervisor(can beattached if you have)
The above materials shoulddirectly reach the International Exchange Division of NEAU. The applicationmaterial would not be sent back whether the applicant is enrolled or not.
4.Categoriesof Applicants and Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Course
Categories of applicants
Duration of major study
Duration of remedial Chinese language courses
Master degree students
Doctor degree students
The lessons will betaught in Chinese. Students whose HSK doesn’t meet the requirement need to takeChinese language courses for one year before the major study. And the durationof Scholarship will be lengthened by extra one year for the students who needto learn Chinese.
5. Details of the Scholarship
1). Exempt fromregistration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee forinternship, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation on campus;
2).Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and BenefitPlan for International Students in China.
3).Monthly living allowance and One-off settlement subsidy after registration ispaid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuanper month):
Masterdegree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
Doctoraldegree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
One-offsettlement subsidy: CNY 1,500 Yuan
Internationaltravel expenses: self-afforded.
4). NEAU provides freeaccommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students, 2-3 bachelorstudents or master students shall live in one room, 1-2 doctoral students shalllive in one room.
1)Costs of the laboratory experiment orinternship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basiclearning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by thehost institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) Scholarshipstudents shall get their monthly living allowance from the date ofregistration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of theregistration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of thatmonth, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduateswill be given a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation timeset by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next monthafter students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling fromthe university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarshipstudents who do not get the monthly living allowance during holidays can getthat upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for one month ifstudents do not register on time without permission from the university inadvance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over amonth.
4) Students whohave to suspend their studies because of serious diseases should go back to thehome country and pay for the international trip by themselves. With theuniversity’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for at most oneyear, and their living allowances will be suspended at the same time. Thescholarship will be terminated for those who suspend their studies for otherreasons.
5) Fee foroutpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in theinstitution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. Thestudents should pay for a certain percentage of expense in accordance with theinstitution’s relevant regulations.
6).ComprehensiveMedical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is providedby MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing forserious diseases and accidentalinjuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agency provideadvancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation withrelevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to thestipulated insurance articles. The claim of individual student will not beaccepted by the insurance company.
6. Approval and Notification
1. NEAU will review all the applicationmaterials and NEAU is authorized to make necessary adjustments on thespecialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwardedto different departments and the final decision whether to admit the applicantsor not will be made by NEAU. The application will be seen as invalid and willnot be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the applicationmaterials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2. NEAU can decide student’s category and admissionstandard of international students who apply the master or doctor education. Ifprior Chinese study or other preparatory education is needed,students should pass related examinations during prior education period,otherwise he will
not be allowed tostart major study.
3. Applicants are encouraged to contact thedepartments and tutors prior to application and please enclose the relevantadmission or recommendation letter if there is. (refer to the appendix: ChineseGovernment Scholarship Degree Programs).
4. Scholarship applicants accepted by NEAU ofhigher education will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarshipwith endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
5. Students are not permitted, in principle, tochange their specialties, departments, or the duration of study specified inthe Admission Notice after registration.
6. NEAU will send the List of EnrolledStudents, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)to the relevant students or relevant universities by July 31, so as to havethese documents forwarded to the awards.
7.New Chinese Government Scholarship students shouldregister before the deadline. Anyone who is unable to register on time shouldprove his reasonable reason and offer related certification, and ensure to getpermission from the Program Management Office of International ExchangeDivision. Otherwise, you will voluntarily give up the scholarship after twoweeks.
8. Chinese Government Scholarship studentswho enjoy monthly living allowance should register in Program Management Officeaccording to monthly notice, so that to ensure the getting of living allowance.Anyone who is unable to register on time should prove a written statement toProgram Management Office in advance to get the permission. Register for othersis forbidden, otherwise the living allowance will be canceled for one month orone semester. If any other serious violation happens, the scholarshipqualification will be canceled, and a circulating of criticism notice will begiven as well.
7. Enrollment majors
The recommended majors:Food Science, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Botany, AgriculturalMechanization Engineering, Crop Cultivation and Tillage Studies, Crop Geneticsand Breeding, Olericulture, Animal Genetics Breeding and Reproduction Science,Animal Nutrition and Feed Science, Basic Veterinary Science, AgriculturalEconomics and Management, etc…and please check AppendixⅠforother majors. The length of education of both master’s degree and doctoraldegree is 3 years.
1).The accepted students have to take part in the annual review in accordance withthe Measures
For the Annual Review of Chinese Government ScholarshipStatus. The details ofAnnual Review include performances(including the examination or checkup results of all courses in the first termand the general performances in the second term of this academicyear), attitude towards study, attendance, conducts, rewards andpunishments received.
2).The accepted students who can not accomplish the study for personal reasonswould not enjoy
theextended duration of scholarship.
3). Onceany cheating act is found in application procedure, the application will berefused immediately and the scholarship qualification will be taken back aswell. The cheating action will be reported to the China Scholarship Council andChinese Ministry of Education as records. 9. Contact NEAU
Address:No.59, Mucai Street, Xiang fangDistrict, Harbin City Heilongjiang Province, P. R. China
Post Address: No.59, Mucai Street, Xiang fang District, Harbin CityHeilongjiang Province, P. R. China Northeast Agricultural UniversityInternational Exchange Division Program Management Office
Chinese GovernmentScholarship Degree Programs
Master's degree: 3 years education
4、AgriculturalBiotechnology Environmental and Energy Engineering
5、AgriculturalSystem Engineering and Management Engineering
6、ManagementScience and Engineering
Animal Scienceand Technology College
12、Farm Produce Processing and Storage Engineering
13、Food, Grease and Vegetable Protein Engineering
14、Animal Produce Processing Engineering
WaterConservancy and Civil Engineering College
19、Hydrology and Water Resources
Resources andEnvironment College
24、Educational Economy and Management
Economics andManagement College
29、Agricultural Economics and Management
30、Forestry Economics and Management
35、Human Resource Management
Electrificationand Information College
37、Computer Science and Technology
38、Internet of Things Engineering
39、Agricultural Electrification and Automation
40、Software Theory and Technology
41、Embedded Software and System
Doctor's degree: 3 years education
4、AgriculturalSystem Engineering and Management Engineering
5、AgriculturalSoil and Water Engineering
6、AgriculturalElectrification and Automation
8、Food,Grease and Vegetable Protein Engineering
9、FarmProduce Processing and Storage Engineering
10、AnimalProduce Processing Engineering
13、CropCultivation and Tillage Studies
14、CropGenetics and Breeding
地址：中国 哈尔滨 香坊区木材街59号 邮编：150030 email@example.com Copyright(2014) 东北农业大学国际文化教育学院